DeAndre Jordan Professional Basketball Player

DeAndre Jordan professional basketball playerHyland DeAndre Jordan, Jr. (born July 21, 1988) is an American professional basketball player who is currently a free agent. He played a year of college basketball at Texas A&M University. He was drafted by the Los Angeles Clippers with the 35th overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft. He is also the active iron man leader for consecutive games played in the NBA. Jordan was born in Houston, Texas to Kimberly and Hyland Jordan.

Jordan attended Episcopal High School through his junior year. Jordan averaged 15.0 points, 12.0 rebounds and 4.0 blocks as a sophomore; and 16.5 points, 14.0 rebounds, 7.0 blocks as a junior. Jordan transferred to Christian Life Center Academy for his senior year, where he averaged 26.1 points, 15.2 rebounds and 8.1 blocks per game. He was a third-team Parade All-American, named to the first-team All-Greater Houston squad by the Houston Chronicle and was a two-time all-state selection. At Christian Life Center, Jordan posted a career high of 37 points in a game and also set the school record for most blocks in a game with 20.

Coming out of high school, Jordan was rated as the number 8 overall prospect, the number 2 center in the country and the number 1-ranked prep player in Texas by Rivals.com. Jordan was recruited by Florida, Florida State, Indiana, Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Kentucky and others. In the summer of 2007, Jordan played for Team USA at the 2007 Under 19 World Championships in Serbia. Jordan played only 9 minutes per game. The team finished 2nd with an 8–1 record.

Jordan is a Christian. Jordan prays frequently and has spoken about his faith saying, "... I know my relationship with Christ, and I know what He has done for me, and that is what I live on." Jordan has a tattoo of Matthew 5:4-5 on his chest, a Christian cross on his left arm, the Serenity Prayer and his own message saying "I thank God for the gift that he has given me. I will honor, sacrifice, and dedicate myself to my talent. I know where I have come from but I know where I am going" on his right arm, and Philippians 4:13 with praying hands and "G.W.O.M" (God Watch Over Me) on his stomach.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...